I recently had a conversation with Eric Zimmer on The One You Feed, a podcast which explores “how other people keep themselves moving in the right direction – how they feed their good wolf.” It’s rightly acclaimed and I very much enjoyed the time I spent there.
We discussed my recent book, A New Republic of the Heart: An Ethos for Revolutionaries, incorporating the good wolf/bad wolf metaphor and our human potential for acts of great courage as well as destructiveness.
Some of our topics included:
- How the bad wolf is often a shapeshifter
- Interrogating the apparently good wolf to confirm its real identity
- In-the-system, against-the-system and around-the-system approaches to activism
- Thinking in “both/and” terms rather than merely “either/or”
- The possibility of raising 10% of the world’s population to a higher stage of development
- Relaxing into wholeness
- We’re always practicing something – so exactly what are you practicing right now?